Monday, July 11, 2016

Where America got its independence | Boston, USA I

hey guys!
that is my most favourite picture of all time!


finally sorted out first part of my work&travel USA trip pictures in Boston! yayyy!
immediately fell in love with this little historical not-too-busy city, so much love for the beautifully maintained historical buildings with red-bricks and big carved pillars. paved sidewalks with old bricks.

happy child seeing a firetruck in Boston! haaha


 

if you happened to visit Boston, Mike's Pastry is a must go for yummy cannoli! they also serve a wide range of pastry and cakes. but its so traditional, the interior reminds me of the old bakery we have back in Malaysia. simple, heritage-looking. my picture kinda made it look a little hipster with the while walls, but trust me. you'll feel a little nostalgic right to the core. people come lining up for their cannoli, try to avoid peak hours like lunch breaks!


 don't worry, Boston isn't all traditional red bricks and ancient carvings, they have amazing modern buildings too! its kinda amazes me how they still kept their historical roots hidden inside a massive city!


 visited the state library too! such glorious interior, its like the whole building was made with marble

yeap, there were that many people in the library, and they do look like the ones we see in TV! hahahaha such difference in culture and designs.
 the library's garden. can i have a wedding inside? hahaha


the weather was amazingly warm for pre-winter that day, so my cousin decided to walk around Boston and bring me around! I would say Boston is a small city, and you'll be able to get around by foot on ground and walk through shops, parks and financial district with no problem. didn't had the needs to take their subway at all.


Quincy Market! if you're in Boston you must go to this food court where there serve foooooood! the whole row is feast! sort of similar to a food court. but to-go foods are also available!


ps: i love American soft chewy cookies! sooo yums!

btw,
PRIMARK WAS LOVE! I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH CHEAP AND AFFORDABLE STUFFS! I do not have pictures, but it's a must go for shoppers! girls in general. 
located in the centre of Boston right through Chinatown, you won't want to miss going into Primark if you're a shopper! i had to resist myself due to the fact that i do not need winter wears in Malaysia. but still got myself my favourite wallet now!


Boston massacre site, bits and pieces of history all over Boston! go follow their freedom trail!

Enjoying the park, with cute squirrels running around accepting food from people. aww

we also visited universities! you're not in Boston if you did not visit Harvard University & MIT! 
as nerdy and geeky i am, i was in awe the whole time i was in the universities, they allow the public to visit and they also have guided tours by students there. However, you wont be able to visit their library. but gawwwwdd dream university big time!


 
hope you guys enjoy the loaded pictures, some of them are even stock worthy! still in-love with the city myself! those were great days! can't wait to visit again!

follow my blog
 so you can get yourself updated with the next parts of my trip! and i'll be posting on my Work&Travel Guide 101 soon too!



until next magical day,
wan

4 comments:

  1. Congrats for having been to One of America's oldest and beautiful cities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (: i owe it to you! missing the states already! can't wait to visit again!

      Delete
  2. THIS TRIP LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN! From the pastries to the fire truck to the buildings, it all looks great! I love the picture of you and the boston massacre, sorry I don't know what the round brick floor thing is called but that should be close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! its one of the great cities in USA, and they pride in their historical roots. thats how Thanksgiving came about and how they USA became USA, they have loads of historical sites around! its great from scrolls and adventure!

      Delete